04 August 2008

This Is The End

10 minutes in to nap time, a cute little button nose poked around the corner at the top of the stairs.

Mama? Does "Ayudeme" mean help me in Spinach?

Yes, Goose, "Ayudeme" does mean help me in Spanish.

Oh good....

A few minutes later he called out again.

Mama? I have something else to ask you.

Yes Goose?

How long exactly until nap is over?


We've been incredibly blessed with good nappers. Friends marvel how, even at 4 1/2, Bii loves his snuggly naps.

But I guess the time has come and he's ready to give it up. I guess I'm ready too. We'll be able to do more things together and not be bound by the dreaded schedule. O on the other hand will still be napping for a long time to come. Right? Please?

6 comments:

Trisha said...

Such sweetness!

She She said...

Wow. 4 1/2? You have been blessed! Nora gave up naps at 2.

You know, I've always wanted to speak a second language. Maybe I'll take up Spinach.

Anonymous said...

Oh how I hated the end of naps! This was cute though.

Nora said...

How sweet! I love our naps but a full day to do more stuff would be nice too...

Deborah said...

I would love to still have nap time!! But I guess when you are 4 1/2, nap time isn't quite as exciting as it is when you are an adult...

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky. My first gave up napping at 18 months (truly did not need them). My second gave up a little before 4 years. It's a catch-22. You're not bound by the nap schedule, but, sometimes you just want them to leave you alone for an hour or two (or maybe it's just mine).