05 April 2009

4 Years



White coral bells upon a slender stalk,

Lilies of the valley deck my garden walk.

Oh, don’t you wish that you could hear them ring?

That will happen only when the fairies sing.


We sang in round, my sister, my aunt and cousins together in that hospital room. Though she lay there so still, the ventilator having been removed, I'm certain she could hear us. It was as though we were singing her home; letting her know it was okay to go. And so she did.

I miss you Ma. Today and every day.






8 comments:

natasha the exile on Mom Street said...

(((HUGS)))

Unknown said...

thinking of you and big hugs.

Anonymous said...

you are a great daughter and a wonderful mother and wife. this day must be very hard for you and your family. try to find peace within and remember the joy. i don't know what your feeling since i haven't lost my mom. but i will go hug my mom right now and tell her about my friend who is missing hers.
m

noble pig said...

Oh my goodness, sending you good thoughts and big hugs. Of course she heard you, I know she did.

She She said...

Thinking of you, Nell. She heard you -- and she still hears you.

Merrily Down the Stream said...

What a beautiful send off. And now you have a guardian angel.
I will hold your mother and you in the light

Auds at Barking Mad said...

Thinking of you and holding you up in prayer and thought.

The Sour Kraut said...

It must be terribly hard. I am thinking good thoughts for you and the rest of your family.