05 August 2011

Around the World in a Minute

A trip of a lifetime.

I really got choked up watching these videos. They are a result of a project from director Rick Mereki, director/producer Tim White, and actor Andrew Lees as they traveled through 11 countries in a little more than a month. 38,000 miles later they have produced three videos telling of their experiences.

I was fortunate to travel to South East Asia for a few months after college. It was certainly a trip of a lifetime for me. Even though I wished I could have kept going, I felt an obligation to come home. I don't know why. I was young, able and had no real commitments. Now that I'm older and have many real obligations and commitments, I fear I will never see and experience parts of the world I dreamed of going to.

So for now, these will have to do. What an amazing trip this must have been. I'm so thankful I stumbled on these beautiful and inspiring videos. Hopefully, the world will some day welcome my boys when they are ready to venture out and experience what I have missed.


MOVE from Rick Mereki on Vimeo.




LEARN from Rick Mereki on Vimeo.




EAT from Rick Mereki on Vimeo.

11 comments:

Manic Mommy said...

Those are inspirational! Thanks for sharing!

FishermansDaughter said...

Don't count yourself out. As my sainted MIL used to say, "Its not ovah till youah in the box deah." :)

My word is FILLY

COOL!!!

Kim said...

Love this!

Fishermans Daughter said...

Still check in every once in a while, even after all this time. Hope you had a Merry Christmas ox FD

Apple Customer Service +1-877-779-5677 said...

Call Apple for Technical Support help with iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch, TV & iTunes. Call at Our Toll Free Apple Customer Support Number +1-877-779-5677. Apple Number Categories: Activation, setup & unlock Ready, set, go! Activate or unlock your devices. Then, set them up on our network. Browse category. Apps, features & voicemail get the most out of your device.
Visit at: https://apple-helpnumber.com
Apple Customer Care, Apple Support Number, iPhone Support Number,iTunes Support Number

georgelurther said...

Unable to fix the canon printer won't connect to wifi ? Don’t worry, we are available 24/7 to help you. We provide the best printer services and we resolve your error as soon as possible. So don’t worry you are in safe hands. To know more check out our website canon printer offline.

jacksoncooper said...

Unable to find an accurate solution to fix the Kindle won’t connect to wifi error? Get connected with our skilled team. Our team will guide you and offer you the best solution. We are available 24/7 to help you. To know more visit our website Ebook Helpline.

Jack Kelly said...

Nice content thanks for sharing with Us. If your HP printer not responding on your MacBook or Windows PC? Are you not able to print anything using your HP Printer? If so, then we have a solution for issues.

Mark Clark said...

Thanks for sharing the valuable info! Fix recall an email in Outlook mail? I want to share a step - If a receiver opens your Email before you have a chance to Recall it, then the Recall will not work. The recipient will still get the recall message that you have requested that it be recalled, but it will stay in their Inbox since it is now a “read message”.

Michael Smith said...

I was searching for pages relating to the development for toward the ocean applications when I saw your post. If you have some problem with HP Printer Error Code 0x83c0000a click the link.

Amy Smith said...

This guide on how to fix HP Printer not responding. Learn how you can fix your printer that is not responding and make it working again. You can visit our website to fix this issue or feel free to call our experts to fix this issue.