05 August 2011

Around the World in a Minute

A trip of a lifetime.

I really got choked up watching these videos. They are a result of a project from director Rick Mereki, director/producer Tim White, and actor Andrew Lees as they traveled through 11 countries in a little more than a month. 38,000 miles later they have produced three videos telling of their experiences.

I was fortunate to travel to South East Asia for a few months after college. It was certainly a trip of a lifetime for me. Even though I wished I could have kept going, I felt an obligation to come home. I don't know why. I was young, able and had no real commitments. Now that I'm older and have many real obligations and commitments, I fear I will never see and experience parts of the world I dreamed of going to.

So for now, these will have to do. What an amazing trip this must have been. I'm so thankful I stumbled on these beautiful and inspiring videos. Hopefully, the world will some day welcome my boys when they are ready to venture out and experience what I have missed.


MOVE from Rick Mereki on Vimeo.




LEARN from Rick Mereki on Vimeo.




EAT from Rick Mereki on Vimeo.

3 comments:

Manic Mommy said...

Those are inspirational! Thanks for sharing!

FishermansDaughter said...

Don't count yourself out. As my sainted MIL used to say, "Its not ovah till youah in the box deah." :)

My word is FILLY

COOL!!!

Kim said...

Love this!