28 April 2010

Out of the Mouths of Babes...

While enjoying a lazy Sunday morning snuggle in bed with the boys, the conversation drifted from yawns, to snakes, to trips to the beach, to family, to life, to death, to Mema.

We talked about how even though my mother is in Heaven, she is always with us.

As he curled up in the crook of my arm and draped a leg over me, Owen looked up, so innocent...

Owen: Mama, is Mema in your belly?

Mama: No Silly, she's in my heart.

Owen: No Mama, I think she's in your belly. That's why it's so big!

Off to the treadmill for Mama...

7 comments:

Kim said...

Yeah....you gotta love kids.

(I think your heart is bigger.)

Anonymous said...

The little darling! My Owen said once, "Mama, you have big thigh bones!"

Unknown said...

Ah, kids keep us humble. Violet recently pointed out that I have pimples and she does not. I felt like I should counter with, "Well, I've got boobs...", but thought better of it.

Anonymous said...

LOL! I think I should hit the treadmill with you:)

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Sigh... They sure do keep us grounded, don't they? Little darlings.

FishermansDaughter said...

A couple of months ago my Beaner was "kind" enough to point out my teeth looked like tiny pieces of corn...

rachel... said...

Oh no! I love stories like yours and the few in the comments, too, though. So funny how kids are so honest. Mine have pointed out more than once my wrinkles and pimples and have been asking me lately if there's "another baby in there?" while prodding my belly. :/