01 May 2009

Hooray Hooray


Hooray, hooray! The first of May... I can still hear her.


This is how it started. A little tribute to my mother. A blank page where I hoped to voice my grief that she was gone to hopefully pull me from the black hole that I was in. I wasn't sure if it would help, but it has. Tremendously.


I can hardly believe it but it's been one year since I started this little blogging journey. I want to extend a huge thank you to all of the people I have "met" out here. It's the strangest thing. I'm not really all that surprised by it any more; and I know all of you share the same feeling: I've made so many new friends out here. Some of you I'll never meet face to face, others I hope to meet soon. (Melissa, when are we meeting for martinis?) You have all had an impact on my life. Though I didn't know it when I started, you're the reason I'm here. You've listened to me bitch and whine; cry and celebrate. You've offered acceptance, support and advice and helped me through many a difficult moment. Thank you for your shoulders, your pats on the back and, most importantly, the kicks in the ass. It's incredibly powerful, this sisterhood. It's so nice to know I'm not on this journey alone.


Happy First of May everyone.

12 comments:

natasha the exile on Mom Street said...

Cheers girlfriend!

I love you too.

She She said...

Happy Blog Birthday!

And right back at you. So glad we've met.

Cid said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cid said...

Happy blogversary! It is a wonderfully cathartic place to spend time in, isn't it?

Unknown said...

I'm so glad we have *met* too!!

Unknown said...

Thank you too!

noble pig said...

And I raise my glass to you!

Anonymous said...

Happy 1 Year!
I too am so happy we found each others blog.
Soon VERY soon! I'll email you.

Merrily Down the Stream said...

Was her second line
'outdoor screwing begins today'
or is that just my brother's version?
Happy Blogaversary!

Mama Goose said...

YES!!! It was!!! :)

Familia said...

Happy May! Happy Spring! I am happy to know you!

Cookie said...

Happy Blog-a-versary! I just had my one year too!